Sunday, November 9, 2008

An e-mail

I just received this e-mail from one of the Warcraft fans that played one of the map I've made, here's how it sounds like:

---

Hey, just some comments on the game that u have created. Firstly, its great! There is an awesome, engaging storyline that is my prime motivation in playing this game. i like particularly how u can choose different alliances to side with depending on your choice, so there is really a need to play the game more than once! Secondly, the map layout is beautiful; i see tremendous effort in your part in setting the locations of creep camps, shops and among other. One place i like to note is the palace where u decorated the place that really worthy of royalty. Thirdly, this is the first and perhaps only WC3 custom map that has cut scenes. I appreciate the effort; keep it up!

Just some quick suggestions:?
1) Is it possible to install some sort of saving program? i know the game is in the beta stage, but it would be great if I need not have to play for several hours straight to complete the game( including boss fights) since every time i try to load with the in-built WC3 save, it crashes.
2)?Instead of focusing on adding new heroes and items, perhaps it would be better that u focus on plot development. It is really the story that intrigues me and spices up the gameplay?

Quick notes: Would u like me to include language mistakes in my comments? i hesitated to do so because it is not really the primary concern and it may make me seem bossy. If u like, then I can do it. Also, there screen hangs every time I kill the captain to progress to the?emissary?mission; I have to wait for couple of minutes before i regain control of my character after the cut scene. (Character : The mistress, single player, red)

Thanks, I hope the next version would include more bits of the story( perhaps a way to join the Scourge?) and a new save mechanism if possible. Anyways, go go; this is one of the best RPG maps I have seen! I believe it can go far. Do reply!


---

Firstly, thank you so much! Yes since my holiday is around the corner I'm pretty into development of the map once again.

About the savings - Yeah the savings was a headache for myself too because there is too many internal data and systems that required to change if a saving is done. The saving system are on halt until I've finish the plots, sorry to tell but I do prefer the plots to be finished first.

About the spelling errors - Sure thing! Later I'll drop a post about Unholy Alliance V into this blog, you can put all the comments onto that post :)

I'll look forward for getting more feedbacks from you, positive or negative wise, thank you!

No comments: